PCS100 MV UPS offers the following energy storage systems:
- Ultracapacitors or
- Valve-Regulated Lead-Acid (VRLA) batteries.
Other energy storage options are available on request.
Ultracapacitor Energy Storage is ideal for protecting the load from frequent sags, swells and short-term outages or to bridge the switching time to another feeder.It offers the following features:
- Providing seconds of coverage for most common power quality events
- Very high energy densisty (600 kW in 0.64 m2)
- Design life: 15 years @ 25º C.
- Very high cycle life: >500,000.
- High discharge efficiency.
- Ultracapacitor module balancing.
- Extensive monitoring and protection
- Safe and compact matching enclosure.
- Very low maintenance. Very small footprint
Battery Energy Storage is typically used to bridge start-up time for generator backup systems where critical applications may be subject to longer supply outages.
It offers the following features:
- Delivering autonomy up to several minutes
- Design Life: 10 years @ 25º C
- Cycle life: >800
- Very high discharge capability
- Safe and compact matching
- Low maintenance
- Small footprint