Benefits of ABB field device integration solutions:
- Choose the fieldbus best suited for the application
- Certified a broad range of field devices from ABB and third party manufacturers
- Solutions available for all plant applications
- No need for additional external hardware or tools
- Reduced engineering, commissioning and life cycle costs
- Easy access to device data improves operations
- Increase plant availability and optimize maintenance with condition monitoring
The answer depends on the application and what’s already installed. An optimized solution will probably use more than one. For example, new 'analog' installations benefit greatly from FOUNDATION Fieldbus, while new 'discrete' installations can benefit from PROFIBUS, PROFINET, DeviceNet and Ethernet/IP. For Electrical Control Systems
, to monitor and control the substations in an industrial facility, 800xA supports protocols like IEC 61850, Ethernet /IP, PROFIBUS, DeviceNet, MODBUS, among others.
The protocol doesn't matter - just plug it to ABB Ability™ System 800xA!
ABB has a wide range of choices to suit various applications.