The Compact Control Builder is a powerful tool for creating control solutions and re-usable control libraries for ABB's AC 800M. Based on the Windows®-based environment, the software offers a wide range of control functionality for AC 800M including integration of ABB Drives and Motor Starters.
From binary logic to advanced regulatory control, from discrete process signals to high-level process objects. Supporting standard IEC 61131-3 programming languages, Compact Control Builder is the tool for engineering the control code and the hardware layout of AC 800M. It creates logic, sequential and analog control-intensive automation solutions for all existing controllers in the automation system to be handled in one database.
The Compact Control Builder AC 800M 6.1.1-0 is now released, complementing the Compact Product Suite with the following key highlights:
New communication options:
- Introduction of the OPC UA Wizard tool in Compact Control Builder
- Introduction of the new CI874 Communication Interface enabling OPC UA connectivity to AC 800M controllers acting as a generic OPC UA Client
- Added support for firmware file verification to ensure that the firmware on the controllers is untampered
- SoftController supports signed download of control logic
- AC 800M controllers have been ISA Secure CSA certified in reference to the standards IEC 62443-4-1 and IEC 62443-4-2
- System events will be sent when BC810/BC820 modules are being inserted or removed
- Virtualization is now supported through VMWare ESxi 6.7 and VMWare ESXi 7.0. Additionally, HyperV on Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 is fully supported as well
Improved lifecycle support:
- Supports Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC
- Supports Microsoft Office 2019, 2016 and 2013