Select I/O for Safety is a Ethernet based single channel I/O solution for ABB Ability™ System 800xA that offers full redundancy down to the Signal Conditioning Module. Each signal coming from the field is conditioned individually with a Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) for safety applications. In addition to all the benefits of a single channel solution, Select I/O for Safety expands our safety capability with additional module types / features including line monitored DIs, 3A DOs and certified AOs.
The Select I/O for Safety together with the innovative xStream Engineering tools helps decouple project tasks, minimize the impact of late changes and supports standardization of hardware and cabinets helping projects come on time and under budget. The flexibility of parallel project execution and early testing means that the required integrated application testing can be done more quickly and efficiently once the system arrives on site.
A robust field friendly design provides features such as:
- Hardware selectable I/O types
- Field disconnect mode (connected to system, but isolated from the field)
- Keyed terminal blocks
- Electronic current limitation and galvanically isolated (per channel)
- Line monitoring for all I/O types
- Extended temperature ranges (-40 to +70 deg C)
- Up to 192 SCM’s per Ethernet I/O cluster
- Zone 2 and Class 1 Division 2
- SIL3 certified safety modules (DI, DO, 3A DO, AI, AO)
- Single channel and multi-channel (S800) I/O in the same system / Ethernet I/O network
- HART variables to the application
- SOE for Digital Inputs (1 ms)
- Support for digital marshalling any channel to any controller