Select I/O for Safety is a Ethernet based single channel I/O solution for ABB Ability™ System 800xA that offers full redundancy down to the Signal Conditioning Module. Each signal coming from the field is conditioned individually with a Signal Conditioning Module (SCM) for safety applications. In addition to all the benefits of a single channel solution, Select I/O for Safety expands our safety capability with additional module types / features including line monitored DIs, 3A DOs,1.2A AI and certified AOs.
The Select I/O for Safety together with the innovative xStream Engineering tools helps decouple project tasks, minimize the impact of late changes and supports standardization of hardware and cabinets helping projects come on time and under budget. The flexibility of parallel project execution and early testing means that the required integrated application testing can be done more quickly and efficiently once the system arrives on site.
A robust field friendly design provides features such as:
- Individual Signal Conditioning Modules (SCMs) available for process, safety (SIL3)
and intrinsically safe applications
- Field disconnect mode (connected to system, but isolated from the field)
- Electronic current limitation and galvanically isolated (per channel)
- Line monitoring for all I/O types
- -40 °C to +70 °C (-40 °F-158 °F) temperature range
- Up to 192 SCM’s per I/O cluster
- Support for HART pass-trough and secondary variable access
- Single channel and multi-channel (S800) I/O in the same system
- Support for digital marshalling
Visit www.800xahardwareselector.com for the latest list of available SCMs