FOUNDATION Fieldbus Linking Device
The ABB FF Linking Device LD 800HSE serves as a gateway between FF’s High Speed Ethernet (HSE) and H1 devices.
LD 800HSE enables the access to field devices connected to the FOUNDATION Fieldbus (FF) from supervisory and control systems as well as management consoles. The device is qualified for redundant use, where the corresponding H1-ports of two Linking Devices are connected to one H1 link. A separate redundancy link between primary and secondary Linking Devices ensures reliable failover and monitoring of redundancy.
LD 800HSE at a glance:
- Provides link between the FF’s High Speed Ethernet (HSE) protocol and up to four H1 links
- Transparent configuration of connected H1 devices from host system
- Allows access to blocks in H1 devices (Client/Server)
- Four Independent H1 Link Masters (LAS)
- Publish/Subscribe (H1) (with up to 4 sub-cycles)
- Republishing of data from one H1 link into another or from H1 to HSE
- Firmware update via download
A new linking device LD800HSE EX was introduced: H1 cable and installation cost could be reduced by 80%, by installing the LD in the field.