MNS®-Up integrates tried and tested innovations that enable ABB to eliminate cabling and ducts that waste space. The system comprises ABB’s Conceptpower DPA 500 uninterruptible power supply (UPS) and ABB’s MNS low-voltage switchgear.
MNS-Up is the most cost-effective design of a UPS with integrated energy distribution offering savings in electrical infrastructure, installation time and footprint.
The Conceptpower DPA 500 was developed by ABB for critical power applications that demand zero downtime. MNS-Up’s UPS modules use a decentralized parallel architecture. Each module has its own input switch, bypass, UPS and output switch. Each module’s hardware and software operate self-sufficiently. As a result, each module is isolated from failures anywhere else in the system. Each module can also be removed for maintenance without shutting down the UPS.
- Scalable UPS power up to 3MW with 100kW steps
- Removable UPS modules with Decentralized Parallel Architecture to avoid single point of failure
- Fully certified solutions to IEC 61439-1/-2
- Active arc protection option available through Arc Guard TVOC 2
- Full accessibility from the front enabling space saving design with back-to-back arrangement
- Maintenance free bus bar design
- CAPEX reduction up to 10% removing external interconnections and associated line protection breakers
- Footprint reduction up to 30% compare to conventional solution increasing space for core business equipment like servers in data centers
- Factory fully tested solution; no further verification required on site. Faster installation and commissioning, up to 20%, means operations start sooner
- Switchgear and UPS modules can be safely and rapidly swapped online, lowering maintenance costs and maintaining uptime.
- Factory assembly and testing of MNS-Up means higher levels of quality and safety.
- Comprehensive digital solutions for power management
- Temperature monitoring options for air circuit breakers, bus bar systems and outgoing functional units
- Current and voltage sensing with ABB’s smart circuit breakers Emax 2 and Tmax XT and / or power quality meters
- Integrated data collection and data analysis with ABB Ability™ Condition monitoring for electrical systems for onsite access through secure browser technology
- Connectivity to your plant monitoring and control systems using industry standard protocols, Modbus RTU, Profibus DP or Ethernet based protocol (Modbus TCP, Profinet, IEC 61850)
- Cloud based monitoring option with ABB Ability™ Asset health for electrical system (MyRemoteCare)