ABB’s low-voltage switchgear has been the product of choice since 1972. With NeoGear ABB introduces the next innovation leap in switchgear technology for safe, smart and sustainable electrification.
NeoGear is ready to help customers across process industries to manage changing external dynamics and realize new opportunities in their working environments. Central to NeoGear is its laminated bus plate technology, which replaces traditional horizontal and vertical busbar systems. This innovative bus plate technology provides e.g. arc safety by inherent design. Combined with the connectivity and intelligence of the ABB Ability™ platform, NeoGear is an unrivalled solution for industry.
- Revolutionary design eliminates hazardous exposure to live busbar parts (Arc ignition protected zones) and keeps maintenance personnel safe
- Reduced risk of arcs caused by mechanical failures slashes maintenance down time
- Up to 92% fewer busbar parts compared to traditional busbar systems
- Up to 25% shorter switchgear footprint due to higher module stacking density reduces CAPEX cost for switchgear rooms
- Up to 20% less heat dissipated saves energy and lowers cost thanks to excellent cooling efficiency
- State of the art module contact system design for high performance and durability
- Integration of temperature sensors for critical busbar joints at air circuit breaker (ACB) incomer termination and power contacts of functional units
- Current and voltage sensing through ABB’s smart electrical devices such as motor controller M10x or UMC100.3 and circuit breaker Emax 2 and Tmax XT and more
- Integrated data collection and data analysis with ABB Ability™ Condition monitoring for electrical systems for onsite access through secure browser technology
- Connectivity to your plant monitoring and control systems using Serial (Modbus RTU, Profibus DP) and Ethernet-based protocol (Modbus TCP, Profinet, IEC 61850)
- Cloud-based monitoring option with ABB Ability™ Asset Health for electrical systems