In addition to adhering to ILO Core Conventions on Labor Standards, ABB applies UN's guiding principle of human rights, according to which businesses;
- A void causing or contributing to adverse human rights impacts through their own activities, and address such impacts when they occur.
- Seek to prevent or mitigate adverse human rights impacts that are directly linked to their operations, products or services by their business relationships, even if they have not contributed to those impacts.
In order to identify, prevent, mitigate and account for how we address human rights impacts, we have implemented the following due diligence processes;
- We require supplier commitment to our code of conduct.
- We have certified human rights champions who support and provide training for sales, supply chain management and operations, among others.
- We proactively conduct pre-tender assessment to recognize risks.
- We regularly audit our suppliers as well as our own internal processes.