New fast acting fuses to protect wind farms with increased capacity
ABB CEF-S fuses up to 30 / 40.5 kV are designed to achieve the lowest possible breaking current value at 100 ms. This makes them specially suitable for protection of distribution transformers in modern wind farms, where superior performance of fuses is requested.
Back-up fuses and switch-fuse combinations are widely employed to safeguard both on-shore and off-shore wind power systems. They are reliable, easy to use and replace, require no maintenance. Application of new fuses with Temperature Control Unit inside MV RMU and compact GIS provides additional protection against high temperature in enclosed panel compartments.
ABB current-limiting fuses ratings have been extended up to 30 / 40.5 kV and 63 A, the breaking capacity is type tested at 20kA and maximum protected transformer output is defined at 3000 kVA.
- very good protection against faults in the low voltage side of distribution transformers,
- low minimum breaking current,
- low power losses, specially suitable in compact switchgear and ring main units,
- high breaking capacity,
- high current limitation,
- type tested acc. to IEC 60282‑1,
- version CEF-S-TCU is equipped with Temperature Control Unit, which protects against high temperature in enclosed compartments,
- equipped with medium type striker, which is activated immediately when the fuse-elements melt.