The SACO 16D1 is a flexible, field-customizable 16-channel digital annunciator unit. It is used in a variety of applications to supervise alarm and signaling contacts in power plants, substations and industrial process installations. The alarm unit is also approved for use in offshore installations and marine applications. Further, the annunciator unit can be used in any application where on/off signals are to be supervised.
This sophisticated hardware and software self-supervision system to ensure maximum operational reliability has been designed for also the most demanding environmental conditions. The SACO 16D1 provides immediate fault recognition, fault identification and visual and audible alarm when an abnormal process situation occurs. The alarm channels are activated by normally open or normally closed contact. This annunciator unit also provides a means for subsequent fault analyses, which means that corrective measures can be carried out without delay and you maintain full control of the process. The first-out alarm indication is achieved via a clear four-digit display on the front panel.
The annunciator units can be used as independent stand-alone units, or they can be connected together via a fibre-optic bus to form complete supervision, event sequence reporting and data acquisition systems.
- Powerful, flexible and field-customizable 16-channel digital input signal annunciator unit
- Four output relays, i.e. two for group re-alarms, one for an audible device and one for the self-supervision system
- Parameter selection and adjustment from front panel or via serial interface
- First-out alarm indication with clear four-digit display on the front panel
- Extensive data communication via the serial interface and the SPA bus
- Sophisticated hardware and software self-supervision system for maximum operational reliability under the most demanding environmental conditions
- Powerful software support for parameterization of the unit via the serial interface
- Member of the SPACOM product family and ABB’s Distribution Automation system
- CE marking according to the EC directive for EMC