REG630 is a comprehensive generator management relay for the protection, control, measurement and supervision of small and medium sized power generators and generator-transformer units in utility and power distribution systems.
REG630 is a member of ABB's Relion® family and part of its 630 protection and control product series.
- REG630 has been designed to be the main protection for generator and generator-transformer units
- Freely configurable functionality to meet application specific requirements
- Extensive functionality and scalable hardware for the most demanding applications
- All-in-one solution with integration of protection, control, monitoring and supervision in one relay
- Large integrated or detached HMI with user configurable push buttons, making it easy to use
- Extensive life-cycle services
- Generator differential protection, 3rd harmonic based stator earth-fault protection, reverse power protection and extensive interconnection protection for distributed generation
- Optional RTD/mA module to be used for various protection and monitoring purposes in generator applications
- 8 RTD/mA inputs and 4 mA outputs
- Supports native IEC 61850 Edition 1, including GOOSE messaging for less wiring and supervised communication
- Supports DNP3 (TCP/IP) and IEC 60870-5-103 communication protocols