REF620 is a dedicated feeder management relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision in utility and industrial power distribution systems, including radial, looped and meshed networks, with or without distributed power generation.
Compact and versatile feeder protection relay solution with integration of protection, control, monitoring and supervision in one relay.
- Protection for medium voltage substation incoming and outgoing feeders
- Extensive protection and control functionality, either with sensors or conventional instrument transformers
- Functional scalability and extensive possibilities to easily tailor configurations to application-specific requirements
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Large graphical display for showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through an easy-to-use web-browser-based HMI
- Extensive life-cycle services
- Wide range of protection and control functionality for incoming and outgoing feeders
- Extensive earth-fault protection portfolio with unique multifrequency admittance-based protection for higher sensitivity and selectivity
- Several optional functionality packages – advanced and fast fault location of short circuits and earth faults, interconnection protection for distributed power generation, capacitor bank, basic motor and arc protection
- Supports native IEC 61850 Editions 1 and 2, including redundancy HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- Supports Modbus, DNP3 and IEC 60870-5-103 communication protocols and for different time synchronization methods, including high-accuracy time synchronization via IEEE 1588 V2 Precision Time Protocol