REM620 is a dedicated motor management relay for the protection, control, measurement and supervision of medium- and large-sized asynchronous and synchronous motors in the manufacturing and process industry.
REM620 is a member of ABB's Relion® family and part of its 620 protection and control product series.
- Protection for larger asynchronous and synchronous motors
- Extensive protection and control functionality, either with sensors or conventional instrument transformers
- Functional scalability and extensive possibilities to easily tailor configurations to application-specific requirements
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Large graphical display showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through an easy-to-use web-browser-based HMI
- Extensive life-cycle services
- Extensive motor protection for medium- and large-sized asynchronous and synchronous motors requiring differential protection
- Motor protection both during motor start-up and normal run, with protection and fault clearance in abnormal situations as well
- Additionally extensive motor supervision capabilities via RTD and mA measurements and optionally arc protection
- Supports native IEC 61850 Editions 1 and 2, including redundancy HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- Supports Modbus, DNP3 and IEC 60870-5-103 communication protocols and different time synchronization methods, including high-accuracy time synchronization via IEEE 1588 V2 Precision Time Protocol