Medium voltage air insulated railway switchgear UniGear R
Single-phase air-insulated medium voltage switchgear for railway power supply
ABB UniGear R switchboards are constructed by positioning single-phase air insulated cubicles side by side. Circuit breaker panels house withdrawable vacuum single-phase circuit breaker intended for railway power supply.
UniGear R switchgear panels comply with the standards and specifications for factory assembled, metal-clad and type tested high voltage switchgears to IEC publications 60298 and 60694.
Every cubicle is divided into various compartments both for power equipment (busbar, circuit breaker, cable compartment) and for auxiliaries (low voltage compartment, wiring ducts for interconnections), which are segregated by metal partitions. This design ensures personal and equipment safety in case of internal arc-fault.
UniGear product range
- Rated voltage 36 and 40.5 kV, rated frequency 16.7 and 50 Hz
- Easy to adapt and integrate to suit various customer requirements
- Highest level of protection for personnel as well as equipment
- No SF6 gas, reducing the risk of human error, easy installation and limited HV testing required during the commissioning phase
- Maintenance free components, maintenance and service of circuit breakers without shutdown
- Highest reliability of supply, long lasting and durable
- Modern design adapted from three-phase standard panels UniGear Panel
- Metal clad arc-proof construction and withdrawable design
- Arc resistant design classified IAC AFLR 25 kA, 1 second (50 Hz), and IAC AFLR 40 kA, 0.5 second (16.7 Hz) according to IEC 62271-200
- Metal shutters automatically operated by the movement of the circuit breaker truck
- Make-proof earthing switch
- Fit for advanced control and protection terminals as well as "classic“ protection relays