The mainstream DF concept, using a standard high speed drivetrain, enables small generator size. It offers high system efficiency at nominal speed, because only a small converter (1/3 Pn) is needed for this semi variable speed operation concept. The system also satisfies the basic grid code requirements.
ABB has delivered several types of DFIG (doubly fed induction generator) designs to leading turbine manufacturers since 1997.
Proven reliability - maximized profitability
- Rotor with high overspeed withstand
- Insulation against converter voltage peaks
- Slip ring design for long service intervals
- Bearing design avoiding circulating currents
Low cost of ownership (purchase - running - downtime)
- Globally identical manufacturing
- High availability and > 97 % efficiency
- Easy serviceability and local support