A brand new interferometer design is at the core of the MB3600-PH. This new design is extremely modular and compact and is combined with a unique patented 24-bit sampling algorithm for optimal dynamic range.
The MB3600-PH has a single output port for optical efficiency maximization. As a result, it offers an outstanding spectroscopic performance characterized by a signal-to-noise ratio that is simply the best on the market: > 100,000:1 root-mean-square at peak response (16 cm-1 resolution, 60 s acquisition) for the DTGS detector, > 600,000:1 for the InGaAs detector.
The permanently aligned optics with a Jacquinot stop in the interferometer output beam ensure an accurate and stable line shape as well as wavelength and resolution stability. The 100% line spectral repeatability permits reliable determination of small spectral features down to below 10 micro absorbance with the DTGS detector and 2 micro-absorbance with the InGaAs detector. The MB3600-PH is provided with a highly accurate internal wavelength calibration standard and exhibits an outstanding frequency accuracy (< 0.06 cm-1).
Overall, the level of quality of the MB3600-PH for the key analytical figures of merit enable ABB application specialists to provide stringent guarantees of performance for transfer of calibrations, not only to another MB3600-PH, but also to other ABB FT-NIR analyzers (laboratory or process).
Spectroscopic performance (typical at 25 °C)
– 3,700 to 15,000 cm-1 with DTGS detector
– 3,900 to 11,000 cm-1 with extended-InGaAs detector
– Resolution better than 0.7 cm-1
– Apodized resolution adjustable 1 cm-1 to 64 cm-1, in increments of 2
– Root-mean-square signal-to-noise ratio (60 s, 16 cm-1, at peak response):
– > 100,000:1 with DTGS detector
– > 600,000:1 with extended-InGaAs detector
– Signal sampling: 24-bit ADC
– Short-term stability (@ 8000 cm-1): < 0.09 %
– Temperature stability (@ 8000 cm-1): < 1 % per °C
– Frequency repeatability (@ 7300 cm-1): < 0.006 cm-1
– Frequency accuracy (@ 7300 cm-1): < 0.06 cm-1
– Absorbance reproducibility (measured on spectroscopic grade toluene): < 0.002 AU
The instrument delivers consistent, precise and reproducible results year after year, from unit to unit. Because we know that in a highly regulated environment, reproducible spectroscopy is the key.