FTIR technology is well established and widely used for atmospheric chemical characterization, monitoring and sounding applications. The high precision and reliability of ABB’s FTIR instruments has been used for atmospheric analysis over the past 40 years. ABB has provided multiple FTIR analyzers currently operated from the ground, air and space and routinely providing atmospheric transmittance or radiation measurements.
The OP-MR is built from the mature and rugged filed operated MR series of spectroradiometer and the FTSW100 software currently used 7/24 in multiple sites for process control monitoring.
The OP-MR system is well suited to real-time monitoring of air transmission spectrum. It provides absolute air transmittance recording needed to exclude the air transmission factor during IR characterization of various sources of energy to the identification and real-time concentration monitoring of chemical agents.
It is currently used by industrial, military and atmospheric research centers for applications such as:
- Atmospheric composition analysis
- Air pollution monitoring
- Fence-line monitoring at chemical factories
- Waste land diffuse greenhouse gases (GHG) monitoring
- Infrared characterization of multiple IR emitted sources.
- Stand-off detection of chemical clouds
- Real-time concentration monitoring of chemical agents