Please watch also the Learn more - Learning Center for further information about required Windows patches.
- Normally, the installation will complete in less than 3 minutes.
- The installation of the Field Information Manager will automatically upgrade a previous version if already installed.
- Please uninstall the Field Information Manager 1.0 version because this version does not support any upgrade.
- The installation of the Field Information Manager software requires administrator rights. Any other users can start the installation setup file, but during the installation procedure the system will ask for an administrator user and password.
- The setup will install the Microsoft .Net framework automatically if required and reboot if necessary. After the reboot please start the setup file again. However, installing the .Net framework will delay the normal installation time.
FIM 800xA connectivity setup process is described in detail on ABB System 800xA connectivity page:
Hardware and software requirements
Operating System Requirements
- Windows 8.1, Windows 10, 64bit, desktop computers or touch pads
- Windows Server for the FIM800xAConnect software, that gets installed for System 800xA Connectivity. Please find more information about the supported Windows Server versions by referring to the System Guide Summary document 3BSE078159.
- 10 GB storage space, minimum of 1 Gigabyte RAM.
Supported HART FSK-modems
Field Information Manager (FIM) contains the Thorsis (ifak system) modem driver and is already prepared to support ABB / Thorsis (ifak system) HART modems listed below:
- ABB NDA121-NX USB (Ex ia)
- ABB NHA121-NO USB
- Thorsis (ifak system) isHRT USB
- Thorsis (ifak system) isHRT USBeX
- Thorsis (ifak system) H@RT BluePack
Other modems require a manual modem driver installation. The supported baud rates are: 1200, 9600, 19200, 38400, 115200.
Supported PROFIBUS modems
Field Information Manager (FIM) contains the Thorsis (ifak system) modem driver and is already prepared to support ABB / Thorsis (ifak system) PROFIBUS modems listed below:
- Thorsis (ifak system) isPro USBx12
Other modems require a manual modem driver installation
The Field Information Manager supports a connectivity to ABB S800 IO through Thorsis (ifak system) Ethernet to PROFIBUS DP adapter listed below:
- Thorsis (ifak system) isNet Lite - Ethernet Communication Module with isNet PROFIBUS DP.
See here how to setup the connection.
Supported System 800xA versions
- SV5.1 RevE
- SV5.1 FP4 RevE
- SV6.0.x (6.0.0, 6.0.1, 6.0.2, 6.0.3)
- SV6.1.0.x (6.1, 18.104.22.168)