Upon completion of this course the participants will have an understanding of a marine power plant’s design and function and an understanding of the ABB propulsion system.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Communicate effectively with other technical staff.
- Identify the components of a marine power plant.
- Explain the limitations of a marine power plant.
- Troubleshoot fault conditions within a marine power plant.
- Critically assess the marine power plant in terms of efficiency and relevant actions.
- Marine power plant overview.
- Regulation principles.
- Frequency convertors.
- Motors and generators.
- Basic electrical occupational safety and risk assessment.
- Azipod® system overview (if required).
- Lectures and demonstrations.
- Workshop exercises on simulator console.
- Visits to machine factory and Azipod® assembly factory if required.