The goal of this course is to learn how to troubleshoot and maintain the ABB integrated drilling drives system. Rig project configuration will be loaded into the drilling simulator and demo drives. The tools and methods learned can be applied to the work in practice.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Explain the project configuration and function of different components.
- Trace alarms from the process panel down to drives and control components.
- Discuss system backup and recovery.
- System function of ABB drilling drive system.
- Project configuration.
- System structure of drilling drive system.
- Connect drive RDCU board.
- Connect demo drive units.
- AC800M controller and S800I/O.
- AC800M communication modules.
- Process panel.
- Setting DP/DP couple.
- Download project configuration to AC800M.
- S800 I/O signal tracing.
- Download DSU/BRU/LCU configuration.
- Perform DW/MP/TD start/stop.
- Create project backup.
- Compact control builder.
- Panel builder.
Fault-tracing and troubleshooting:
- Transformer temperature alarm.
- DSU/DBU/LCU alarm.
- Torque limit.
- Power limit.
- Profibus communication failure.
- Drivebus communication failure.
- Classroom lectures.
- Practical lessons on our training drilling simulator system and ACS800LC demo units.