The aim of this course is to foster an awareness of the risks and hazards involved in working in and around the Azipod unit space, to learn how to deal with these risks and to improve the readiness in the case of an emergency.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Identify the different hazards risks and the possible consequences when working inside the Azipod unit´s space.
- Enter and work safely inside the Azipod unit space.
- Understand the duties of confined space personnel (Entrant, Attendant, Supervisor and Rescuer).
- Attend an Entrant during normal entry.
- Assist during an emergency.
- Azipod propulsion as an engineering system.
- Occupational risks with Azipod propulsion.
- Confined space regulation.
- Duties of involved personnel.
- Typical Azipod unit entries and entry procedures.
- Traumatology (First Aid in a confined space).
- Rescue operations.
- Use of protective equipment required for safe entry (different PPE, fall protection etc.).
- Entry to the Azipod space-simulator.
- Evacuating an injured person from the Azipod space-simulator.
- Rescue action plan for the Azipod space-simulator.
- Climbing equipments for Azipod.
- Lectures, group discussions and group work.
- Exercises in simulated space.