This course has been designed to satisfy the HV requirements laid out in the Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW), Manila Amendments, and is approved by the UK’s Maritime & Coastguard Agency as satisfying the requirements laid out in MIN 494 (M) and Netherlands Authority (ILT).
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Manage a high voltage installation.
- Trouble shoot and restore marine HV systems to an operating condition.
This will mean that the trainee meets the requirements laid down in the Knowledge, Understanding and Proficiencies for High Voltage installations set out in Tables A-III/2 (part) of the STCW Convention and Code 1978, as amended.
- Safety rules on marine HV environment according to current regulations and recommendations (STCW, SOLAS, UK HSE etc.).
- Marine HV safety aspects and safe working procedures.
- Special considerations for offshore electrical installations.
- Dangers of electricity and arc-faults in switchgears.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Marine Electrical, Propulsion and Distribution Systems.
- Protection system of electrical installations.
- Accident analysis workshop.
- Practical exercises.
- Highly interactive lectures with group work and case studies.
- Practical exercises and assessments.