Feeder protection and control REF620 ANSI
Reliability, security, and dependability with Relion®
The REF620 is a dedicated feeder relay perfectly aligned for the protection, control, measurement and supervision of utility substations and industrial power systems.
REF620 is a member of ABB’s Relion® family and a part of its 620 protection and control product series. The 620 series A are characterized by flexibility and performance for demanding utility distribution and industrial applications. Engineered from the ground up, the 620 series has been designed to unleash the full potential of the IEC 61850 standard for communication and interoperability of substation automation devices.
- Feeder protection for overhead lines, cable feeders, and busbar systems of distribution substations.
- Maximized capital by keeping assets working longer with designs that require less equipment and space
- Enhanced safety by reducing hazards with safety-conscious designs
- Increased reliability by maintaining vital operations with steady, high-quality power every minute of every day
- Reduced operating costs with effective energy management and maintenance strategies
- More flexible system upgrades without rewiring or changing components
- Ease of integration with non-proprietary IEC 61850 communications
- Drawout design
- Underground, overhead cable fault detection (CFD)
- High-impedance (HIZ) fault detection
- Arc flash detection (AFD)
- Ring-lug terminals for all inputs and outputs
- Programmable push buttons