REG615 is a dedicated generator protection relay for protection, control, measurement and supervision of power generators in utility and industrial power distribution systems.
REG615 is a member of ABB's Relion® family and part of its 615 protection and control product series.
- Protection for synchronous generators in utility and industrial distribution systems.
- Compact and versatile solution for utility and industrial power distribution systems with integration of protection, control, monitoring and supervision in one relay
- Extensive range of protection functionality for synchronous generators
- Ready-made standard configurations for fast and easy setup with tailoring capabilities
- Withdrawable plug-in unit design for swift installation and testing
- Large graphical display showing customizable SLDs, accessible either locally or through an easy-to-use web-browser-based HMI
- Extensive life-cycle services
- Ring type terminals for all connections
- Extensive generator protection with 100 percent stator earth-fault, generator differential and out-of-step protection
- Advanced interconnection protection fulfilling the latest grid codes for higher grid stability and reliability
- Optional arc protection and high-speed outputs
- Supports IEC 61850 Editions 1 and 2, including HSR and PRP, GOOSE messaging and IEC 61850-9-2 LE for less wiring and supervised communication
- IEEE 1588 V2 for high-accuracy time synchronization and maximum benefit of substation-level Ethernet communication
- Supports Modbus, and DNP3 communication protocols