ABB’s energy storage offering provides a broad modular and scalable solutions portfolio to support the electrification of smart transportation and sustainability initiatives such as increased renewable generation and worldwide decarbonization.
ABB is addressing these initiatives by combining the knowledge of our Packaging and Modular Solutions Global Execution team with local grid knowledge to support the most ambitious energy storage plans across a range of segment applications, including e-mobility, renewables, utilities and industrial.
ABB's energy storage solutions raise the efficiency of the grid at every level by:
- Providing smooth grid integration of renewable energy by reducing variability
- Storing renewable generation peaks for use during demand peaks
- Flattening demand peaks, thereby reducing stress on grid equipment
- Providing infrastructure support as loads increase with electric vehicle use
- Decreasing or eliminating the power fees related to short time peak loads
- Maintaining generation and demand balance
Key solution features:
Trustworthy partner: Pioneering technology leader focused on digital industries, with strong global teams and local presence
Reduced costs: Maximize the return of investment with factory assembled and tested solutions that reduce set-up and transportation costs for immediate revenues
Flexible: Modular concept allows ease of scalability in power and capacity with an engineered footprint to optimize customer requests
Safe to install, easy to operate: Internally arc tested for public and service personnel, preassembled at ABB premises for fast on-site installation
Various electrical solutions for different needs: Enclosures for high safety or difficult environments are available