ABB’s Baldor-Reliance® Severe Duty motors are designed to provide exceptional performance and long life in harsh industrial processing applications such as petrochemical plants, mines [https://www.baldor.com/industries/baldor-industries/mining], foundries, pulp and paper plants, waste management facilities, rock crushers and chemical plants.
These premium construction heavy duty electric motors include features designed to protect against contamination, moisture, vibration and demanding duty cycles. Super-E electrical designs are available on Severe Duty motors to create a packaged solution that reduces energy consumption and handles the punishment of the application.
Baldor-Reliance Severe Duty motors have three guiding principles behind each design:
1. Safer installation:
• Rugged lifting provisions
• Oversized conduit box
2. Safer connection:
• Clamp-type grounding lug
• Permanently labeled color leads
3. Safer operation:
• Division 2 for hazardous locations
• Lead separators on all severe duty ratings protect against shorts and abrasion of power leads
• ABB Ability™ smart sensor for motors provides touch-free condition monitoring