ABB’s AC500-eCo is a range of scalable compact PLCs offering cost effectiveness for modern industrial automation applications where small and flexible PLC solutions often represent the ideal solution.
- Save money by starting on a small scale - the flexibility of the AC500 platform enables you to scale up as and when needs dictate it.
- ABB’s AC500-eCo has been designed to integrate seamlessly into the broader AC500 family, offering you the decisive benefit of having a fully scalable and modular system.
- The AC500-eCo allows for individually customized solutions to be created by using S500 and S500-eCo I/O modules for small applications.
- Additionally, for new AC500-eCo V3 PLCs, the already large amount of onboard I/Os can be extended using up to three option boards which add either more digital or analog channels or serial interfaces with or without isolation.
- Therefore it will be easier to meet customers’ and application-specific requirements, reduce the footprint and save money.
- The Automation Builder engineering suite available for the entire AC500 PLC range will save you time with easy configuration, many libraries and function blocks for the most diverse customer-specific requirements.
- The user program can be downloaded via a memory card without the need for programming tools.
- CPUs with integrated I/Os for small to large applications are available.
- Motion I/Os allow you to realize simple point-to-point motion on up to 4 axes.
- Pre-wiring is possible through the use of pluggable terminal blocks.
- The modules can be mounted on the DIN rail with an easy-to-use snap-on mechanism.
- The AC500-eCo is approved for customer use by accredited certification organizations around the world. This means the entire range can be deployed safely, reliably and globally.