AC500-S Safety PLC
When it comes to reliability, efficiency and flexibility in safety automation, for over 30 years, ABB has been the partner experts rely on to cover even their most complex applications. Our engineers are known around the globe for their innovative and solid approach aimed at protecting people, machines, processes and the environment.
- Certified for SIL3 (IEC 61508, IEC 62061, IEC 61511) and PL e (ISO 13849-1) safety applications.
- Both PROFIsafe F-Host and F-Device functions over PROFINET are supported including the connectivity to more than one F-Host.
- Ideal choice for both simple and complex functional safety applications like material handling (cranes, hoists, mobile platforms, distribution centers, harbors, airports, etc.), robotics, wind turbines and many more.
- Separate safety CPU offers the benefit of safety functions which remain active even when the non-safety control is inactive.
- Able to handle floating point data type resulting in highly accurate calculations for controlling speed, position, etc.
- Comes with a full range of trigonometric functions often used in precise measurements involved in crane applications.
- Offers greater flexibility and simplicity due to programming in Structured Text (ST) as well as Function Block Diagram (FBD) and Ladder Diagram (LD).
- The configuration and programming is done using Automation Builder with a safety-certified editor.
- TÜV certified Safety Code Analysis (SCA) tool opens the door to writing well-structured and easily understandable code which dramatically saves your time and money on solution certification efforts.
AC500-S Safety PLC range - extreme conditions XC modules
- Applicable for harsh environmental applications like harbor cranes, mobile platforms, wind (offshore and onshore), etc.
- Physical dimensions, basic electrical characteristics and software compatibility correspond with the standard AC500-S version.
- Cost-savings in engineering and operation.