The goal of this course is to learn how to perform regular maintenance and troubleshooting upon the system, and how the 800xA IAMCS (Integrated Alarm, Monitoring and Control System) is designed to fit marine applications and requirements.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the philosophy of an up-to-date automation system.
- Fully use main operator functionalities.
- Maximize productivity.
- Troubleshoot common issues.
- Reduce decision time.
- Perform engineering activities for runtime operations.
- Optimize the process.
- 800xA IAMCS philosophy, products overview and life cycle.
- IT architectures on ferry and cruise applications.
- Routers, switches, firewalls
- Relationship between networks onboard
- Microsoft-based IT devices
- Clients and servers
- MS Windows 7/’10, MS Windows ’08/’10 In-dustrial IT with OPC protocol
- 800xA configuration and startup
- Workshop in classroom
- Build demonstration application starting from a void system
- Hands-on exercises on 800xA system
- Fault tracing by identifying issues from abnormalities