The goal of the course is to familiarize the participants with ABB diesel electric Azipod® propulsion basic features including remote control system, power plant and distribution to Azipod® units.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand and effectively utilize the technical capabilities of the propulsion system.
- Communicate in a clear and concise manner the technical and operational features of the system.
- Understand the operational envelope and limitations of the system.
- Diesel electric Azipod® propulsion system main components and their functions.
- Power generation, distribution and consumers.
- Azipod® propulsion system terminology.
- Frequency converter propulsion with power plant overview.
- Azipod® units technical overview:
-Azipod® unit user recommendations.
-Steering gear mechanics and actuation technology.
- Alarm conditions:
-Emergency actions in the Azipod® unit space.
-Bridge operator safety signals and alarms.
- Remote control units and operation.
- Bridge backup/emergency operation.
- Azipod® propulsion occupational safety basics.
- Lectures and demonstrations.
- Visits to machine factory and Azipod® assembly factor.