Compact Secondary Substations (CSS)
Compact substations are used for energy transformation in secondary distribution network from MV to LV or LV to MV.
CSS is a type tested and arc tested assembly comprising an enclosure containing medium voltage (MV) switchgear, distribution transformers, low voltage (LV) switchboards, connections and auxiliary equipment to supply low voltage energy from medium voltage systems. These substations are typically installed in locations accessible to the public and ensure protection for all people according to specified service conditions.
- Type tested per latest IEC standard 62271-202
- High level of safety for personnel & equipment due to the highest degree of Internal Arc Classification
- Wide range of ratings & capacities as well as layouts in steel, concrete and innovative GRP housing
- Complete ABB portfolio of components
- Global leader with huge installed base, global service coverage and high level of engineering capabilities