ABB Ability™ Advanced Digital Services for distributed control systems (DCS)
ABB Ability™ Advanced Digital Services are remote-enabled, software-assisted services that generate actionable insights to optimize operations, increase productivity and system reliability. These services uncover issues that limit current system performance to implement time- and money-saving improvements and extend the life of your assets.
Control systems are robust by design and development and therefore tolerant towards occurring issues. Non-optimal system settings and conditions often do not cause incidents immediately, but might result in disturbances over time:
- System overload is causing slow response rate
- Gradual system performance degradation is not diagnosed or resolved until issues arise
- Issues arise sporadically which are difficult to diagnose
- Hardware devices glide slowly towards unavailability
- Redundancy problems create single points of failures
- System efficiency losses
- Unavailability of operational features due to lacks in software installation
- Security vulnerabilities due to obsolete Microsoft Update status
Therefore, various reports and services have been developed on the base of long-term customer support experience, with automated data collection and report generation through myABB/My Control System web platform.