The goal of this course is to provide students with fundamentals of industrial automation and knowledge of basic Physics laws involved.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the philosophy of an automation system.
- Review most common electrical laws for practical applications.
- Use efficiently diagnostic tools such as the Multimeter and oscilloscope.
- Basic knowledge of physics laws: Ohm, Ampère, Hertz.
- Grounding, zero voltage reference.
- Multimeter utilization for mA, V and Hz measurements, signal converters.
- Digital & Analog & Pulse signals, range, resolution.
- Probes: PT100, TC, micro switches & limit switches, Transmitters.
- Orders and feedbacks to/from field (Pump start/stop example).
- Devices: valves, motor, PID regulator.
- Microprocessors basic theory, Control logic structure, programming structure, concept of “sequence“, contact logic “Ladder“.
- Input/Output theory.
- Binary system, Bool law, Bool math, hex system (principles).
- PMS & Distribution concepts.
- Lectures and Workshop held in classroom.