Wireless I/O Gateway ARR600 is a member of ABB’s Arctic product family and part of its 600 Wireless Gateway product series.
The Wireless I/O ARR600 includes integrated digital and analog inputs and outputs. Remote applications, such as overhead sectionalizers, can be connected and controlled via the ARR600. The gateway also serves as a generic I/O interface - for example substation alarms or temperature measurements can be transmitted to a central monitoring system. ARR600 gateways also include the functionality of ARG600 and ARP600 gateways.
Wireless I/O Gateway ARR600 can be utilized for various industrial and utility applications to maximize the following benefits:
- Built-in I/O capability enables remote monitoring and control of switching devices
- Integrated protocol conversion – enables connecting legacy serial-based devices into a TCP/IP-based supervisory control system (SCADA)
- Ideal for retrofitting – allows the user to extend the life cycle of existing serial-based substation devices thanks to the integrated protocol converter
- Remote access to field devices means less site visits for operations and maintenance
- Industrial grade TCP/IP router: Several serial and TCP/IP based field devices can be integrated into a central supervisory and control system (SCADA)
- Optimizing the cost of communication by using public cellular networks
Key features include:
- Digital I/O and analog input interfaces
- Support for multiple communication protocols for controlling of I/O ports
- Protocol converter for multiple communication protocols
- Enables always-on TCP/IP routing and serial over TCP/IP based two-way communication
- Arctic Patrol - connectivity supervision of the communication
- Secure communication maintained with VPN and Firewall
- All functionality from ARG600 and ARP600 (excluding dual SIM variants)
Typically, several ARR600 Wireless Controllers or other Arctic 600 series gateways are combined with the ARM600 M2M Gateway to form a reliable and secure communication system for any utility or industrial application.
- Technology leader in grid automation solutions
Global sales and support channels
Reliable communication solutions for all needs
Extensive understanding of utility and industrial applications