ABB Ability™ Performance Optimization for hoists
Lift your productivity to a higher level
ABB Ability™ Performance Optimization for hoists improves uptime, availability, performance and productivity of mine hoists by providing actionable information on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Data is automatically collected, monitored and analyzed to generate actionable insights that can increase production performance, identify safety hazards, and provide optimized maintenance scheduling.
Performance Optimization for hoists follows a proven three-step methodology: identify, categorize, and prioritize opportunities to improve mine hoist performance. Performance data is collected and analyzed using advanced analytical tools provided by the ABB Ability™ edge platform. Data visualization then allows site engineers to identify any discrepancies and take remedial actions. Remote access to ABB experts is available which allows for faster identification and resolution of problems.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Improve hoist performance using actionable information on key parameters
Performance Optimization for hoists identifies, categorizes and prioritizes Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the following areas:
- Hoist normal operation: to ensure optimal production, deviations of KPIs, such as hoist capacity flow (tons/hour), motor speed and current are tracked and analyzed. If the deviations exceed site-specific thresholds, alarms are triggered that notify site personnel and ABB experts, who are monitoring the system remotely.
- Safety brake system: to ensure controlled retardation, brake capacity and function are monitored and emergency stops are analyzed.
- Hoist supervision: to ensure timely actions, hoist supervision system is monitored for any deviations and alarms are triggered if deviations exceed limits.
Data Analytics Monitor, analyze and improve hoist performance
- Simplified view of data and analysis - Data visualization allows site and ABB service experts to view data associated with Hoist normal operation, Safety brake system or Hoist supervision. Data analytics identify categorize and prioritize KPIs based on severity and criticality.
- Critical notification when it matters most To help prioritize issues that require immediate action, site-specific limits are applied to the targeted KPIs. If KPIs exceed limits, an instant alert is triggered that allows ABB experts to quickly assess problems.
- Expert analysis to detect and resolve potential problems early To ensure optimal hoist performance, ABB provides monitoring and performance analysis. ABB experts evaluate the amount and degree of deviation, determine the statistical accuracy of the KPIs and find trends that predict possible irregularities. This results in continuous improvement actions that address potential problems early and increase asset utilization.