The ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor converts traditional motors, pumps and mounted bearings into smart, wirelessly connected devices. It measures key parameters from the surface of the equipment which can be used to gain meaningful information on the condition and performance of the equipment, enabling users to identify inefficiencies within their system and to reduce risks related to operation and maintenance. Maintenance can now be planned according to actual needs rather than based on generic schedules. This extends the lifetime of equipment, cuts maintenance costs and reduces or prevents unplanned downtime due to breakdowns.
- Identify inefficiencies within your system
- Uncover potential for energy savings
- Reduce risks related to operation and maintenance
- Prevent unexpected downtime
- Cut maintenance costs
- Extend equipment lifetime