The ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor converts traditional motors into smart, wirelessly connected devices. It is attached to the frame of the motor; no wiring or machining is needed. Using algorithms, based on ABB’s decades of motor expertise, the ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor relays information about the motor's operation and health via a Bluetooth-gateway or smartphone to a secure server.
The ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor picks up data on vibration, temperature and other parameters that can be used to gain meaningful information on the condition and performance of the motor.
ABB Ability™ Smart Sensor for motors can help you to
- Identify inefficiencies within the system
- Uncover potential for energy savings
- Reduce risks related to operation and maintenance
- Prevent unexpected breakdowns
- Extend equipment lifetime
- Reduce maintenance costs (maintenance can be planned according to actual needs rather than based on generic schedules)
- Simple to install and use
- No wiring or machining is needed
- Data transfer via built-in wireless Bluetooth® Low Energy
- Data communications use industry standard encryption protocols
- All data is securely stored in the cloud