The goal of this course is to train the participants to start-up, operate, maintain and troubleshoot the ABB drive system for Azipod C vessels.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Have advanced knowledge of Azipod C system.
- Understand the functioning of the propulsion and drive control.
- Operate and maintain ACS800 Azipod C drive system.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the system.
Theory and exercises on the PC tool programs are included.
- Introduction to the Azipod C system.
- Safety procedures while working on the Azipod.
- Azipod C structure and maintenance.
- General presentation of ACS800 drives.
- Summary of Azipod C control.
- ACS800 propulsion and steering drives.
- Construction and function of diode supply units.
- Construction and function of liquid cooling units.
- Construction and function of inverter units.
- Construction and function of braking units.
- AC800M control system.
- Removal and installation of Diode Supply Unit (DSU) and Inverter Unit (INU).
- Filling of Liquid Cooling Unit (LCU).
- Change the Fans.
- Control Drive Panel (CDP) operation.
- Propulsion and steering control.
- Operating with Azipod C.
- AC800M system recover with CF card.
- Download/save parameters to and from drive units with DriveWindow.
- Compact Control Builder and CF card.
Fault-tracing and troubleshooting:
- Interpret alarms and fault messages of CDP panel and DriveWindow.
- LED status of AC800M.
- Maintenance and module replacements.
- Classroom lectures.
- Demonstration and practical lessons on training ACS800LC and steering simulator.