Management level (STCW) workshop on twin-Azipod cruise vessel operation and handling covering normal operation, malfunctions and bridge communication.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Have deep understanding of the operational principles of diesel- electric Azipod vessels taking into account vessel safety, passenger comfort, environmental and economical requirements and operational efficiency and maintenance needs.
- Fully utilize the flexibility of the propulsion system.
Identify potential malfunctions of the propulsion system and to cope with them without sacrificing vessel safety.
- Communicate on the bridge about the different aspects of vessel operation and handling in a clear and concise manner.
NOTE: The actual content of each workshop is finalized according to the needs and requests of the customer and the participants.
Potential main topics include the following:
- Azipod vessel operation and propulsion system behavior in all conditions.
- Azipod vessel system functionalities, power plant and propulsion system malfunctions.
- Azipod vessel resource management and bridge communication.
- Discussions, lessons and full mission bridge simulator exercises to ensure learning at top level.
- On request, ABB Marine factory experts are at the disposal of the participants to answer questions at all levels.