Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Know about the operational principles of diesel-electric Azipod vessels.
- Understand the propulsion system and basic operational methods.
- Know procedures required for safe watch keeping.
This training can be a refresher for officers that have completed Azipod vessel operational training H883 or H885.
NOTE: The actual content is finalized according to the needs and requests of the owner and the participants. Potential main topics include the following areas of Azipod vessel operation:
Potential main topics include the following areas of Azipod vessel operation:
- Diesel-electric propulsion system behavior in various situations.
- Azipod vessel emergency maneuvers.
- System functionalities, power plant and potential malfuncions.
- Vessel resource management and communication.
- Practical presentations and discussions in a training room.
- Hands-on exercises utilizing ship’s bridge equipment.