This course provides a deeper understanding of the Azipod® propulsion systems, and how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot the system components.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Describe the functions of the different Azipod VO sub-systems and how they interact
- Understand the importance of correct maintenance.
- Understand the monitoring possibilities and how to troubleshoot the discussed systems.
- Perform adjustments on critical system components
- Safety procedures while working on the Azipod.
- Terminology and evolution of Azipod propulsion.
- Basics of Azipod hydrodynamics.
- Sub-systems, maintenance and conditioning monitoring.
- Power, liquid and data transmission system.
- Encoder signal fault tracing.
- Hydraulic steering gear.
- Hydraulic pump settings and monitoring (inner control loop).
- The ASU360 servo unit settings
- Steering angle feedback assembly and adjustment (outer control loop).
- Remote control vs. local control.
- Review of Azipod unit space safety.
- Factory visit
- Lectures and demonstrations.
- Workshop exercises with demo equipment.
- Manual exercises; general, propulsion, maintenance.