Management level workshop on Azipod vessel operation in multiple ice conditions and bridge communication. This course includes partly theory and simulator exercises required in Polar Code certificate.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Have deep understanding of the operational principles of diesel-electric Azipod vessels taking into account vessel safety, environmental and economical requirements and operational efficiency and maintenance needs.
- Fully utilize the flexibility of the propulsion system.
Identify potential malfunctions of the propulsion system and cope with them without sacrificing vessel safety.
- Communicate on the bridge about the different aspects of vessel operation and handling in a clear and concise manner.
Main topics include the following:
- Azipod vessel operation and propulsion system behavior in all conditions
- Azipod vessel system functionalities, power plant and propulsion system malfunctions
- Azipod vessel resource management and bridge communication
- Discussions, lessons, bridge simulator exercises and debriefings to ensure learning at top level.