Management level (STCW) workshop on twin- and three-Azipod vessel ice operation and handling, covering normal operation, malfunctions and bridge communication.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Have deep understanding of the operational principles of diesel-electric Azipod vessels taking into account vessel safety, environmental and economical requirements and operational efficiency and maintenance needs.
- Fully utilize the flexibility of the propulsion system.
Identify potential malfunctions of the propulsion system and cope with them without sacrificing vessel safety.
- Communicate on the bridge about the different aspects of vessel operation and handling in a clear and concise manner.
NOTE: The actual content of each workshop is finalized according to the needs and requests of the customer and the participants.
Main topics include the following:
- Azipod vessel operation and propulsion system behavior in all conditions
- Azipod vessel system functionalities, power plant and propulsion system malfunctions
- Azipod vessel resource management and bridge communication
- Part of Basic Level Polar Code training (rest can be completed by e-learning by ABB training partner)
- Discussions, lessons and full mission bridge simulator exercises with two- and three-Azipod vessel to ensure learning at top level