This course prepares deck officers for safe watch keeping and bridge communication on twin-Azipod vessels in normal and special operational conditions.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Be familiar with the operational principles of diesel-electric (DE) Azipod propulsion systems.
- Understand the flexibility of the system.
- Identify potential malfunctions and to cope with them without sacrificing vessel safety.
- Communicate about the different aspects of the propulsion system in a clear and concise manner.
- Azipod vessel operation with emphasis on pilot voyage and harbor maneuvers
- Azipod vessel system functionalities and power plant behavior in different conditions
- Effects of power plant and propulsion system malfunctions
- Hands-on exercises on a full mission bridge simulator.
- Practical lessons and discussions on diesel electric Azipod propulsion.