Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Be familiar with the operational principles of diesel-electric Azipod propulsion systems.
- Understand the flexibility of the system.
- Identify potential malfunctions and to cope with them without sacrificing vessel safety.
- Communicate about the different aspects of the propulsion system in a clear and concise manner.
Diesel electric Azipod vessel system functionalities:
- Power plant, distribution and propulsion system.
- Azipod thrusters.
- Propulsion control.
Diesel electric Azipod vessel operation with emphasis on watch keeping:
- Speed control.
- Basic maneuvering.
- Emergency maneuvers.
Power plant behavior in different load conditions:
- Reverse power.
- Optimizing power and plant loading.
Effects of power plant and propulsion system malfunctions:
- Vessel control in special conditions
- Hands-on exercises on a full mission bridge simulator.
- Practical lessons and discussions on diesel electric Azipod propulsion.