The goal of this course is to teach students to operate, maintain and trouble-shoot Megastar W in marine applications. Students will learn how the Megastar is connected to the vessel automation system. The training covers the SAMI Megastar W single/parallel drive, and drives with the APC-controller.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the safety requirements of medium voltage drive systems.
- Operate and test SAMI Megastar W–drives using the control panel and PC-tools.
- Understand the meaning of alarm and fault messages.
- Trace and correct simple faults.
- Safety procedures while working on the drive.
- Hardware and software overview.
- Component and board functions.
- Reading and interpreting circuit diagrams and part lists.
- Control panel functions.
- Preventive maintenance.
- Fault tracing.
- Replacing HV–components.
- Using PC-tools for the Megastar.
- Workshop with presentations and demonstrations held in classroom.
- Perform tests and measurements on a fully equipped demonstration drive.