The participants will learn how to operate, maintain and troubleshoot the PSR Cycloconverter system. Also the participants will learn the functions between the propulsion control and the drive control units.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the drive system topology and operation.
- Locate the hardware components, test, measure, troubleshoot and replace the drive’s parts when needed.
- Understand the function of propulsion and drive control.
- Overview of cycloconverter operation principle.
- Control and power system hardware.
- High speed circuit breakers (operation and maintenance).
- Excitation system (brush/brushless).
- Operation and different drive modes.
- Propulsion control software.
- Cooling principle.
- Software tools.
- Hands on training.
- Preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair.
- Workshop with presentations and demonstrations held in the classroom.
- Perform tests and measurements on an ACS6000c and PSR demonstration unit.
- Visit to ABB MV drive factory assembly lines.