The goal of this course is to learn the concepts, theory, operation, maintenance, trouble shooting and product description and construction of AMI and AMZ motors and AMG generators. The tools and methods learned could be applied to the work in practice.
Upon completion of this course the participants will have learnt:
- Concepts, theory, operation and maintenance of motors and generators.
- Features, constructional details, operation and maintenance of the following ABB products:
- AMI and AMZ motors.
- AMG Generators.
- Basic troubleshooting knowledge.
- To perform independent maintenance.
Concepts and Theory (refresher):
- Basic Theory.
- AC Theory and Motors.
- DC Theory and Motors.
- Standards/ Applications:
- Duty Type.
- Ingress protection.
- International cooling.
Products – AMI and AMZ motors and AMG generator:
- Product description.
- Basic Ratings and specifications.
- Constructions features and details.
Troubleshooting and Maintenance:
- Basics of trouble shooting.
- Typical problems and guide to their identification.
- Planned Maintenance for ABB motors and generators.
- Techniques, theory and tools used for electrical diagnostics and vibration analysis.
Hands on Skill:
- Hands on practical as indicated in section on course outline.
- Classroom lectures.
- Hands on skill.