The goal of this course is to train the participants in safe operation, control, configuration and maintenance of ABB LV switchgear MNS, air circuit breakers, molded-case circuit breakers and soft-starters.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Locate hardware components.
- Understand and verify switchgear parts, breaker internal components and components inside cubicles.
- Perform maintenance, and identify low voltage electrical safety hazards.
- Safety procedures while working on the switchboard.
- Introduction to ABB Marine Service.
- General marine power plant.
- Power plant regulation principles.
- LV switchboard MNS compartments.
- Generators, motors and transformers.
- Air circuit breakers, protection releases and accessories.
- Molded-case circuit breakers, protection releases and accessories.
- Introduction to soft-starters.
- Removal and installation of air circuit breaker.
- Manual charging of breaker spring and operation.
- Demonstration of use of protection relays PR unit 121/122/123- Racking of module drawers and identification of various positions of rotary handles on the modules.
- Classroom lectures.
- Demonstration and practical lessons on our training switchgears.