The goal of this course is to train the participants in the safe operation, control, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of a STADT x-AC-y-z Drive.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Locate the hardware components.
- Verify and replace the drive’s parts.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
DriveWindow is used as a programming and troubleshooting tool and is learned by practical exercises on our training drive.
- Introduction to ABB Marine Services.
- Safety while working on the drive.
- Guided tour of the production facilities.
- In-depth theory of the Stadt x-AC-y-z Drive principles.
Hardware description (power electronics and control):
- Functions of components and PCB’s (printed circuit boards).
- Hardware schematics and electrical drawings.
- Installation guidelines.
Water cooling system:
- Cooling circuit description.
- Direct IGBT water cooling principle.
- Importance of cooling water mixture.
- Charging and discharging of the converter.
- Start/stop sequence using local control panels and DriveWindow tool.
- Application Motor Controller concept.
- PLC protection system.
- Detailed explanation and demonstration of alarm system.
Fault-tracing and troubleshooting:
- Interpretation of alarm and fault messages.
- Replacement of PCB’s and other components.
- Contacting ABB support.
- Visit to the factory assembly line.
- Lectures with demonstration on our training drive Practical exercises with the training drive.