The goal of this course is to train the participants in the safe operation, control, configuration, troubleshooting and maintenance of an ACS 6000 drive.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand the drive topology.
- Understand the function of propulsion and drive control.
- Locate the hardware components, verify and replace the drive’s parts.
- Perform preventive maintenance.
- Introduction to ABB Marine Services.
- Safety procedures while working on the drive.
- Medium voltage safety requirements.
- In-depth theory of the ACS 6000 drive principles.
- Functions of components and PCB’s.
- Hardware schematics and electrical drawings.
- Installation guidelines.
Water cooling system:
- Cooling circuit description.
- Preventive maintenance.
- Energizing and de-energizing the converter.
- Start/stop sequence.
- Inverter and excitation software concept.
- Data exchange between modules.
- Setting parameters using CDP and DriveWindow.
Fault-tracing and troubleshooting:
- Interpretation of alarm and fault messages.
- Replacement of PCB’s and components.
- Getting help from ABB.
- Classroom lectures with demonstrations using the training drive.
- Practical lessons on the training drive.