The major objective of the course is to provide the participants with in-depth theory, and train them for safe operation, maintenance and testing of switchgears, breakers and relays.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Have a comprehensive background of the marine power plants.
- Operate, maintain and work safely with circuit breakers (SF6, Vacuum, Emax), contactors and relays.
- Have detailed theoretical coverage alongside practical exercises for better understanding of switchgears and Emax breakers.
- Introduction to marine power plants.
- Safety procedures while working with switchboard.
- Power distribution systems (transformers, generator and motors).
- Protection systems.
- Voltage and frequency regulation.
- Droop control.
- Power management.
- Components, accessories and inter locks.
- Installation activities.
- Assembly procedure.
- Maintenance and periodical checks.
- Practical demonstrations on various switchboard models.
- Hands-on experience on device operation.
- Visit to production facility.