The major objective of the course is to provide the participants with in-depth theory, and train them for safe operation, maintenance and testing of switchgears, breakers and relays.
Upon completion of this course the participants will be able to:
- Have a comprehensive background of the marine power plants.
- Operate, maintain and work safely with circuit breakers (SF6, Vacuum), contactors and relays.
- Have detailed theoretical coverage alongside practical exercises for better understanding of switchgears.
- Introduction to marine power plants.
- Safety procedures while working on the switchboard.
- Power distribution systems (transformers, generator and motors).
- Protection systems.
Power plant regulation:
- Principle (voltage and frequency).
- Droop control.
- Power management.
- Components, accessories and interlocks.
- Installation activities.
- Assembly procedure.
- Maintenance and periodical checks.
Circuit Breaker (Vacuum/SF6):
- Safety precautions.
- Functional characteristics.
- Application and accessories.
- Operation principal.
- Setting parameters.
- Testing relays.
- Interpretation of alarms and faults.
- Fault clearing procedure.
- Repair of miniature faults and deviations.
- Practical demonstrations on various switchboard models.
- Hands-on experience on device operation.
- Visit to production facility.